Sunday, November 4, 2007

Saturday: Review at CMS & Brilliant Dinner at Hotel Marine Plaza

I am a firm believer of the fact that weekends are for complete rest and laziness. But this was not to be. I had a review on Saturday for the Capital Markets division in DB house. This department deals with FX and everything related to it. Well so I was a little anxious about the whole thing as I did not want to mess it. That’s the reason why I opted out of the movie on Friday night.

The review was very positive and after a 3 hour long written and a sumptuous lunch with the Director of the division, I was off and ready to rock n roll for the weekend. So I met up with Shefali in the evening and decided to go out for dinner. Since Chandragupta has now become more of a home affair than some kind of an outing, we decided to choose Marine plaza hotel this time around.

Marine Plaza:
To understand the importance of Marine Plaza, I need to give a background to it. Marine plaza is a 5 star hotel right on the Marine drive and has awesome food albeit a little expensive. Well the “little” word before expensive is quite an understatement!! Well I really cant make out the difference in the taste of the food but I sure can make out the difference in the weight of my wallet. So I prefer to avoid it. But then there are people who love it and so force me into accompanying them there. Not that I don’t like the place, but only till the time my wallet remains in status quo pre and post dinner.

But this time was different. Coz this was after a long time that we went there. The best part about the buffet there is that they have a table of Chat which is there and so more than the dinner we were busy savoring the Chat. Also its deserts are next to none and so it sure is a complete paisa vasool.

So the Saturday was one to be proud of! Nice and expensive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey..this sure is one gud place ! probably u shud go thr more often..once a week !

Anonymous said...

nice blog! where do u work??