Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back in Delhi n I m Lovin It!!!

It is always a pleasure to be home, more so when you are going for like five days!

So this week from the very beginning was more of a drag than anything else. Drag because the “looking forward to home” mood had taken the mind off from all kind of work!
So finally the D-day came on Tuesday ie. Yesterday and I left office at like 4 and went home. My flight was at 9 pm. I was kinda surprised when I got a message from Spicejet about the delay in the departure. Well the flight finally left at 12:30 and I reached delhi at about 3.

The best thing about the flight was that since it reached Delhi that late, the cab drive from the airport to my place in Gurgaon was plainly and simply awesome!!! It was too good. This is one thing that I miss most about Delhi. Bombay has roads that would barely qualify as gali’s in Delhi. especially the NH8 which has taken the winds out of people’s lungs. You can go at like 130 on those roads without even feeling the heat!!

Today was spent wearing a boxer and a t-shirt and cleaning away the house. Standing on the chair and cleaning the hands of the fan really reminded me of the days when didi and I used to do such stuffs on Sunday and on holidays!
Today was Dhanteras and so went with family to buy some ghar ka samaan like spoons and cups stc. I was prepared to face huge crowds in the mall, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as crowded as I had imagined. This was probably because it was a working day. But I am sure tomorrow is going to be one heck of a day where all the amlls will be jammed up with people.

The other thing that I miss about Delhi is the Mall concept. Bombay barely has malls due to the exorbitant land prices there. But in Gurgaon, there are more malls than houses and they mushroom all over the place. It is really a nice concept coz you can roam around all day in the same place which is air cooled and has a plethora of different shops.

Well tomorrow is going to be a long day. Its Aman’s birthday and I have thousand things to do.
Lets c wats up tomorrow!!!

No comments: