Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Joker in the Pack: A Review


This is a novel I picked up primarily because it is co-written by an alumni. And I am damn confident that I have not been disappointed by them. Well, mainly because when I picked up the book I already knew that I wasnt picking up a classic. It had all that I knew would be in store for me. The regular campus life, regular normal characters and finally the regular setting and the scenario. But I must say that I really connected with the life at the campus, having been through the rigours of one quite recently. Although I couldnt relate too well with the characters but yess, with the life and times of an IIM, I could nearly see myself being there.

One thing that I generally do is to picturise the people of a story and make up a movie in my mind. This novel was like having myself and my friends as characters. the summers scenario was like sitting in PGP room and waiting for shortlista and finally interviews.

This is one of the many books that have followed Chetan Bhagt in trying to recreate the magic of Five point someone. This book though not quite ground breaking as the original, still manages quite well by itself.

So my verdict is:

Strick yes for MBAwalles
Strict no for Non-Mbawaale!!!!

No comments: