Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Home or Lodge???

Today was my first time interaction with the clients. It was pretty nice because it gives you not only the first hand interaction with the people with whom you make money( ha ha), but also gives you a better understanding and perspective of a lot of things.

Today as I walked into one of the client offices we started discussing upon one of the topics that has been doing the rounds in the banking world.
"The RBI is trying to make all the bank in India 5 day working"

This brought a very important perspective when the client commented

" I dont know if I stay at Home or a Lodge! I leave home at 8 in the morning and get back not before 9:30 in the evening"

I think this really brings forward one of the ills of our worklife! People directly equate the number of hours you put into as a direct representative of your ability and performance. There is not much that organisations can do when the entire mindset is skewed. This mindset goes right through the hierarchy, both vertically as well as horizontally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont worry dude !!
wait until we become the CEO's !!!!