Friday, February 1, 2008

Updates from my life!!!!

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since I last wrote.. So this time too it will be a collection of a lot of things;

My 25th Birthday:
I celebrated a quarter of a century this year on the 23rd Jan. Birthdays are always a happy moment when you are kids and when you see that growing up has more pros than cons. But as the number of candles increases in the cake, the area left on the pie reduces!!! So to say, the sweetness from the birthdays decreases. But then I have always told myself
“Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not!”

Such thoughts aside, I believe this was probably my best birthdays ever. Everyone got together at Shefali’s and after the customary ‘bumps’ I was flooded with gifts from Shefali! She had meticulously planned the whole thing out for me. She had ordered a cake from ITC (believe me it was crazily delicious!), had made good use of my absence during the weekend(I had gone for an office outing) to buy me a wonderful/ beautiful guitar, had got me a cuddly stuffed tiger (whom I call Tommy, much to her annoyance), and finally had planted birthday cards in almost all the places I went to. Well it was more of a treasure hunt of the cards!

I was completely flattered by the whole thing and so decided to give a major treat. So we went to this awesome place called the “Gallops” which is inside the race course and had an amazing dinner. This place not only had pretty good food but also had an ambience to die for! The bill did leave a big hole in the pocket, but filled my heart with loads and loads of joy!!

Plans of settling down:
And while I was celebrating the 25 yrs of existence in this world, about 6000 kms away my parents were busy discussing ways of curbing my independence!!!!
Well finally after 2 yrs (/well nearly!!) of courtship and sleepwalking through all serious talk, we (me and shefs!!) decided to fast track the process and have now passed on the baton to our parents to start the rounds of negotiation trying smoothen all rough edges and tune the finer ends!
But all’s well that ends well. The first round of meeting at the neutral venue were highly successful and so I am hoping that the final decision will be taken sooner than later!!!


Rest later!!!
I have loads n loadsa work!!!!!
Will Write later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !