Friday, February 15, 2008

Weekend at home!!!!!

Apart from that, its been an eventful week that gone by. It was a week of many firsts, like first time going back to campus etc..
I traveled to my alma mater!! Yes, went to Lucknow for the pre placement talk. But before that I spent a couple of days at home. I will go day by day on that:

Saturday:
Saturday was off and so we (shefs n me) took a lazy morning 11Am Jet Flight to delhi. We reached there early and had a good time sitting at the amazing jet terminal in the Bombay airport. The view from that CCD is one of the best that I have seen and that fact it was warm and sunny outside made the sight from inside even better. We heard names of Dia Mirza and Ritesh Dekhmukh being announced at the departure terminal and ended up having VJ Ranvijay of MTV in our flight! Well the flight was nearly on time and for the first time, I had people waiting for me at the airport! Well Shefali’s siblings had come along with her mom to see their soon-to-be part of the family! Well so I was thrusted upon with a bouquet of flowers by a coy and smiling set of brother and sister, who were most interested in getting this piece of history captured on the camera. So I duly stood there and posed like a pro on the red carpet for the shutterbugs!
Lets keep this aside. Mom and Dad had come to pick me up at the airport and we subsequently drove down back to Ghar. Driving in Delhi roads is like driving a hot knife through cheese. Smoooooooooooth…
One new thing was the opening of the huge flyover on NH8 and the start of toll at the flyover. Had tons of rajma chawal for lunch followed by a quick power nap. In the evening went out with mom n dad to the mall and bought a pair of designed saris for my mom. It’s nice to see moms glow with pride and happiness in seeing their kids buy something for them. We called it a day with some coffee and hot chocolate at the Barista CafĂ©.

Sunday:
Woke up really really late. After all it was a Sunday. Had my customary cup of tea along with the newspaper (waah waah waah).. We had a late lunch and then rushed off to DSOI where we were scheduled to meet Shefali n her mom. Everything was in order till the time I managed to see the correct time on my ticket. I was under the assumption that the flight was at 8 and had told mom dad accordingly. All of a sudden I discovered that it was instead at 7. Thus started a hurry up process and so we rushed off to DSOI and almost immediately left for the airport where we had to catch a flight to Lucknow!!
More on this in the next blog!

No comments: