Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Nice weekend!!

Well it was a typical nice weekend. But this time by the consious effort (due to the scrict regime of diet prepared by my dietician in the gym) I managed to stay away from pubs this time around. Well I will be in goa for about 5 days starting form this friday, and needless to say I will be drinking gallons and gallons of beer.

Well so the weekend started out on a quiet note with a quiet dinner with Harsh and Rashi. Well I got to know them really really well while I was in Europe for STEX. Well Harsh was there with me in Sweden and he is one of the most genuine guys that I have met in my life. Rashi on the other hand was there in Paris and is undoubtedly one of the sweetest girls that I know. Rashi was here for a trainig with P&G in Mumbai and so when she called up at around 7 we decided to meet up at a restaurant in Bandra. I reached a little late at Shefali's place and she was a little worked up about my scant respect for punctuality. Butr anyways we reached Bandra just in time for dinner and the rest of the dinner was about old times (well ll 4 were a part of the 6 month vacation in Europe) , remembering when Harsh crashed our car into a Bus in Monte Carlo and how we managed to wriggle our way out of the Police, and how he while parking put the 20 euro bill in the opening meant for coins only. We laughed our hearts out and we were pretty nostalgic bout it as well. Then started the JOb cribbing part. Well only Rashi was not a part of it as she is LOving the both her work as well as her Boss :)

Dinner ended at about 11:30 and we were wondering whether we should hop into a hub or stand on the road and talk. We opted for the latter and spoke till about 12:45 about life post IIm and about the couples on campus and their curent status :) :) :) :) :)

Saturday was the most happening day. Me and suhail picked up Shefali from her office and headed strt to Metro Adlabs in Fort to catch up on a movie. We ate at Rajdhani. I have to tell u this. Well most restaurants boast about their food being home like. This place had food exactly like that and beleive me, I hated it. I mean, if I wanted Home like food, then I might s well remain at home and eat!!!

Well post lunch we saw, I am Legend, a movie starring Will Smith. It was nice, especiaaly the graphics part of it. After the movie ended at about 3:30 we called up Deepu to ask about his plan. He was totally vella and we decided to catch up on another movie, The Heartbreak Kid" in Bandra. Since Shefali wanted to skip that movie, we dropped her off at Worli and proceeded to go to Bandra.

I have laways maintained that there was a time when the idea of rush hour was there. But today, its rush houre throughout the day. So we were caught up in the traffic and hence got lte for the movie. But we went off to shopper's stop and after being taken for a ride by Dipu (who as a matter of fact has far lesser knowledge about Bombay roads than us), we managed to see the movie at 6:30. Post movie, everyone else wanted to go pubbing but I evaded that all and sneaked back and slept off pretty early.

Sunday morning are the noisiest when everyone is home. So I woke up to find
Aman (reading the newspaper)
Murarka (Had stayed back after a night out with aman and suhail at the hawaiian shack)
Dipu (he was back for his usual dose of Cricket on XBox)
Suhail and finally
Ruchi (just back from Delhi)

Well while every one played cricket on the Xbox, I got ready and rushed off to Shefali's place to have some delicious Aaloo ke paranthe. Post a sumptuous meal which made us very drousy, we decided to do some shopping. Post that had a quick lime break at the Sterling and then went off to Phoneix Mills for some more shopping. I bought my self an awesome 3/4ths and then headed back home. Shefali promised to pick me up at about 8:30 for dinner at the same place where we had dinner with Harsh.
Since I had more than 3 hours to spare, I cleaned up my entore wardrobe and room much to the pleasure of Aman, my roomie!!!! Dinner was tasty and i gotr back and headed off to bed.

A preety good weekend. Well no pubs this time but still good enough I guess!!!

No comments: