Monday, October 29, 2007

PARRRRRTTTTYYYYY at POISON!!!

Well it was Murarka’s birthday and we hadn’t really planned anything in that regard. All we had plans of was meeting up at a nice restaurant or something and then celebrate the birthday with a cake.

But it turned out to be probably the most rocking party that we have had. Well I left the office pretty late and after having dinner I called up Aman asking him about the plans for the night. I wasn’t really surprised when he told me to come to the Red Box in Bandra and we will have some eateries there. But when I reached there I found all (Murarka, Dipu and Ruchi) except Aman. I came to know that he was at a pub called poison which was not very far from Red Box and he was in a party arranged by Kotak. He came to Red Box in about 10 mins all drenched in sweat and visibly very excited. He was all gaga about the place and this really propelled me to join him for the party. Dipu and Ruchi weren’t quite excited and so they calle dit a day and left for home. So it was me, Aman and Murarka. Aman told me that the entry was free and said all I had to do was say confidently
“Hey! Iam here for the Kotak party!”
Well I was as confident as I could be as I approached the Bouncer, only to be ompletely taen aack when he asked me my name and started looking at the list of invitees for the party!! Bugger Aman had me caught in this mess and I was not sure of the answer. I am not really “thinking on your feet” types and so all I could stutter lamely was – Abhishek.
But as you guys are probably aware of is that Abhishek is one of the most common Indian names and so was enough to take me through. There were not one, not two but three Abhishek’s on the list and so my entry into arguably the best pub in Mumbai was a cake walk!

Poison inside was probably in one work –Awesome. The lights, the music, the drinks and most of all, the crowd! The Kotak people had reserved a hall for the party and it was connected to the main hall as well. The sex ratio was very-very favorable. The crowds came in huge number and were mainly female dominated groups. But the best part about the party was that the drinks and the food were on the house courtesy Kotak and also that there were a lot of L ki junta and it was nice interacting with them. Me , Aman and murarka danced as if there is no tomorrow. It was perfect setting! I mean like this was probably the first time I was to a pub post my hospitalization and It surely felt awesome being there totally fit and fine and enjoying to the hilt!

But one person who enjoyed more than me was –Aman. He had a couple of drinks too many and was completely out of his wits by the time the party came to a stop.

But all in all it was pure mastee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this seems to be a nice place. can you suggest some more pubs/discs in bbay