Thursday, September 6, 2007

London Update#2

Well three days of training in London and I am already beginning to feel the pressure (well both mental but mainly physical!!!). I am beginning to feel if I can last the entire month or not. Its been a strenuous three days. I never knew I was such a no networking guy. I mean I always thought that for me talking to new people is like a piece of cake. But I am sorry to say that even my own analysis of myself is so flawed!!!! So while a lot of people from dozens of country were networking away to glory, I was with my group of like minded people( also known as Indian from Mumbai office!!!)

So the first day of induction went off pretty fine with all the top shots making a speech and telling us how important we are into their scheme of things(which also included the fact that their stocks of DB which they get as the salary depended on how we moved the compny!!). so there were nice and long speeches by one and all. After surviving the 8 hours of grueling one way interactions aka speeches, we weren’t sure by the end of the day if we were living being or totally exhausted automatons!! But one thing that we ere sure of was that—“we will explore London!!!”. and so we went to the all famous 10 downing street, the big Ben and the London eye!! London as a place has history attached to every nook and corner of the city and so it is actually very tough to say which place is more beautiful han the other. But I must tell you. The London eye is a bi eye sore. It is probably uglier that the glass pyramid outside Louvre in paris. Believe me. When I was in paris I wanted to stone the goddamn thing down. And while here all I wanted was to pull it down and cut the god forsaken thing into pieces!!! Well enough said and done. But I will probably shell out the 35 pounds and go on top of it!! Also in the plan is to visit the madame tussads mockery of all celebs!!! :D

Well that was about the first day!! Last two days were CSR community work of building the fences and playground for a primary school in a damn shady area of London!! well its pretty weird. But when I say shady areas of London, I mean the ones inhabitated by Indians, Asians or blacks!! So does that make me rascist!! Well I don’t know if I am but all I can say is that its ironical enough!!!
Getting back to the topic. I can personally guarantee you that I have never worked harder than the past two day. and by work I mean hard physical torture!! I mean lying now in bed I really cant move a limb and am worried if my back will survive or give away to the weak force of gravity!! But I am damn satisfied. Well the kids were damn happy and so were the school staff and that made me feel like I have done something worthwhile. But I think more than that the fact that I worked with saws, chisels, all kinds of electric driller and gadgets really feel like I have done and learnt something worthwhile!! Well I can say that though I am an engineer by degree I am certain I wouldn’t have used all those things ever even once. It was fun wearing paint shoes and latex gloves and painting the fence after erecting. And how we dried the wood and worked as a team with a lot of people I did not know!!!
It was damn fun. Well I want to write much much more but my laptos battery had given away and my limbs dont quite allow me to put the charger.
So I am probably gonna call it a day!!!
Bye..!!!

No comments: