Wednesday, September 12, 2007

London!!!!!!!!!!!!! Update # 4

I don’t know why it is so tough to get up on a working day and go to office (or in my case the training centre). One of my dad ki favourite saying is

“Work expands to fill the time given!!”

Read this and think about this. All I can say is that nothing is truer than this!!! Well I will elucidate:

The first time I went to my office here in London, I got up at 6:45, got ready by 7:15 and reached there at about 8:20. The reporting time was 9:00, so I was not very early, rather bang on time for the breakfast and everything. today I got up at 8:00, got ready by 8:40 and reached my venue at about 8:55 and still had time to pack in a sandwich and a croissant on the way into my class!! Phew!!!

So well you can either call that my efficiency or the doomsayers can call this my laziness. No points for guessing that I prefer the former!!

Well today was normal as always. I mean the same classes. I wont call them dumb. I mean I know most of the stuffs but the way these guys here explain is wonderful and makes me wonder as to why we did not have them in our campuses back home. I mean I have already played two stock market simulation games : one for equity (shares) and the other one for fixed income securities(bonds) and believe me , for the first time I used concepts like yields and durations and interest rates and inflation, all in five minutes and decided upon which bonds to buy and which to sell. It was completely crazy!!
I mean in the share market, we had a tough time matching our books with the bank and even a tougher time interacting with the market maker.
Well I guess you can see the energy and enthusiasm from the way I am mentioning this and believe me it was so much fun. Well another reason for my being so happy is that my team of five made the maximum profit and we were probably the only team that had positive returns in all the scenarios!!!

So enough of this ghissu maggu stuffs. Well other than the normal things, I see a lot of couples already being made in my classrooms. Well I mean guys, its only been a week or so and these guys and girls are on the peak of their ‘impressing the others’ behavior. Well a very good friend of mine got asked out for a musical by an American (much to my anguish and anger!!!). And believe me London is a damn romantic place!!! So well so well!!

Another thing, today I managed to complete another of the famous sight seeings in London. Well, that Harrods ladies and gentlemen. Well it was huge and by huge I mean of a mammoth scale. It had all the brands of the world under one roof and looks like a proper palace!! But then probably what I did not like about that place was its size! I mean it was so huge that we did not know which way to go and which right to take. Well huge is an understatement. And this place is sure for the rich and famous. Well a slight correction. It is for the rich and famous only!!!
Where else would you get Mammoth (the extinct elephants) for like a crore or even fossils as things to keep in your drawing rooms!! Well for people who don’t know, you can order a Fighter plane in harrods and they will get it for you!!!

That’s the end of the day for me!!
I have exams in a couple of days!! But for now
Gnite and sweet dreams!!!

No comments: