Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Memories: New n Old!!

Over period of last 2-3 months Aman had been particularly enthusiastic about going to campus for Manfest! I, on the other hand did not think too much of it. While one of the reason was the expensive tickets, but that wasnt really the truth. It was just that I wasnt too eager on going back.. But for last three consecutive nites, all I have dreamt of is my past. It consisted of my winter mornings in DU where the things were serene... well I think "virgin" is the word I would rather use to describe it. They were so pure. Then was my stint in Lucknow. I mean they were undoubtedly the best years of my life. And then my time in Europe. I mean my time in Finland is what i remember instantaneously! And the amazing time in Swissland. Probably because those are my oldest memories of the Foreign land
And so I really think I made a wrong decision by not going to campus. I am very sure that I will do that from next year onwards.
But i really dont know if that would helps me get over my memories!! This is because I went to Switzerland and London this year as well, and I can tell you it wasn't like the old time at all. I mean I didn't relive old memories, not did I remember the first Eurotrip any more, I made new ones, totally unrelated to the earlier ones.
I know it sounds very weird..
But that the truth!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the point of going to campus is not to get new memories, but to remember old ones clearer than ever, and to share them with people you experienced them with. so i'm not surprised at all you got no memories of the second eurotrip. but then, you'd never been to london before...so you cant compare that with stex. campus on the other hand is unchanging...except they've extended the pgp block
but trust me...i spent 14k on the trip, and i think it was worth every paisa. the best expense i ever had in the last 7 months we've been earning.
more so coz everyone else was also so happy to be back, there was this feeling of warmth, and connecting emotionally even with people you'd hardly spoken to before.
aman

Anonymous said...

stop complaining for once!