Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Memoirs: Eurotrip!!!!

My very first memory of my euro trip is when me, kansal and harsh were standing outside the Sweden consulate and we were trying to get a visa. We had to catch the flight at night and we still hadn’t got our visa!! Well I wonder how many people have done that. But I was different, well to correct that, we were different. We were lalloooos!!!
But did we do it? Yes we did it and that was because the Swedish consulate bent some rules and upped their efficiencies to give us a visa the very same day!
And lo behold! We were on our way to the most amazing 4 months of my life. We took a cab and finally ended up buying ourselves some bare minimum clothes and our best buy till date: Eurail Pass. Well one and all will agree that the ROI on Eurail pass was crazy and that if those people could actually track our total journey, they would have killed themselves or filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

So having filled up my suitcase to the maximum level ( the bulge would have put Obleix to shame) with hundreds of Ready to eats and maggi’s, I finally drove to the airport. I was lucky coz I had my home in Delhi. Harsh and Kapil had relatives and parents coming late at night.
So we finally boarded the Turkish Airlines and were off for the much awaited “trip”.
The first happiness of being on a “foreign shore” was when we landed in Istanbul for the stopover in Turkey. We rode through the escalators and the whole of the airport like kings. We were amazed and totally jazzed out with the shops and showrooms of the brands we had just seen on the channels or read in the magazines. It was totally electric.

So finally we did have our body search. This was on the flight from Istanbul to Stockholm. Well if we were expecting any harsh treatment for being Asians, we were in for a surprise. Everybody had to take off their shoes!!! Well if its everybody then we are game for guys!!
Finally a European flight. We had loads of drinks and all and we had a party. But yeah guys!! We did not drink like buffoons. You know of the air travel scares. So we kept o ourselves. I was feeling a little sleepy so I went and slept but lifting the armrests of three chairs. And know what? When I got up I had a quilt on me and a smiling airhostess looking!! Well it was good. It sure was!!

So we finally landed in Stockholm. We were so very happy to be finally there. From Arlanda to Bus stop and finally from there to my favorite place on earth: Jonkoping.

No comments: